Joining Private Servers on Minecraft Xbox: Step-by-Step Tutorial
Mon Jul 4. 2022
Minecraft on Xbox offers a vibrant and engaging multiplayer experience, allowing players to connect and play with their friends in private servers. Joining private servers on Minecraft Xbox allows you to create shared adventures, collaborate on building projects, and explore the blocky world together. In this step-by-step tutorial, we will guide you through the process of joining private servers on Minecraft Xbox, ensuring you can easily connect and enjoy the game with your friends.
Step 1: Ensure Xbox Live Gold Membership
Before you can join private servers on Minecraft Xbox, you need to have an active Xbox Live Gold membership. Xbox Live Gold provides access to online multiplayer features and enables you to connect with friends on private servers. If you don't have an Xbox Live Gold membership, you can purchase one from the Xbox Store or through other authorized retailers.
Step 2: Exchange Xbox Live Gamertags
To join your friends' private servers, you will need to exchange Xbox Live Gamertags. The Gamertag is the unique username associated with each player's Xbox Live account. Make sure to share your Gamertag with your friends and obtain theirs as well.
Step 3: Add Friends on Xbox LiveTo connect with your friends on Minecraft Xbox, you need to add them as friends on Xbox Live. Here's how:
- From the Xbox dashboard, navigate to the Friends tab.
- Select "Add Friends" and enter your friend's Gamertag.
- Send a friend request to your friend's Gamertag.
- Once your friend accepts the friend request, you will be connected on Xbox Live.
Step 4: Create a Private Server or Obtain an Invitation
To join a private server, you need to either create your own private server or obtain an invitation from the server host. If you are the host, you can create a private server by selecting "Play" from the main menu, then "Create New World." Configure the world settings, set the multiplayer option to "Invite Only" or "Friends Only," and start the world.
If you have received an invitation from the server host, you will typically receive it through an Xbox Live message or a party invite. Accept the invitation, and you will be able to join the private server.
Step 5: Joining a Private ServerOnce you have a private server set up or have received an invitation, follow these steps to join the server:
- Launch Minecraft on your Xbox console.
- From the main menu, select "Play."
- Choose the "Friends" tab.
- You will see a list of your Xbox Live friends who are currently online and playing Minecraft.
- Locate the friend who is hosting the private server and select their name.
- If the private server is open and available, you should see an option to "Join Game."
- Select "Join Game" to connect to the private server.
Step 6: Communicate and Collaborate
Once you have successfully joined the private server, it's important to communicate and collaborate with your friends. Use voice chat or other communication methods available on Xbox Live to stay connected and coordinate your gameplay. This enhances teamwork, coordination, and overall enjoyment of the Minecraft experience on private servers.