Connecting with Friends: How to Add Servers in Minecraft Windows 10
Tue May 9. 2023
Minecraft Windows 10 Edition offers an immersive and collaborative gameplay experience, allowing players to explore, build, and adventure together in the blocky world. One of the key features that enhances the multiplayer experience is the ability to join servers. In this article, we will guide you through the process of adding servers in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, enabling you to connect and play with friends or join exciting public servers.
Step-by-Step Guide: Adding Servers in Minecraft Windows 10
Launch Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Open the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition application on your computer.
Navigate to the Server Menu: From the main menu, click on the "Play" button, which will take you to the World selection screen. On the top right corner, you will find a button labeled "Servers." Click on it to proceed.
Add a New Server: In the Servers menu, you will see an option to "Add Server" or "Add Server Manually." Click on it to add a new server.
Enter Server Details: In the "Add Server" screen, you need to provide the necessary details to connect to the server. Here's the information you'll need:
- Server Name: Choose a name for the server that helps you identify it easily.
- Server Address: Enter the IP address or domain name of the server you want to connect to. Make sure to obtain this information from the server's administrator or website.
- Port Number: If the server uses a non-standard port, enter the specific port number here. Otherwise, leave it blank or use the default port (usually 25565).
Save the Server: Once you have entered the server details, click on the "Save" button to add the server to your server list.
Connect to the Server: After saving the server, you will see it listed in the server menu. Click on the server's name to connect and join the server.
Tips for Finding Servers to Add:
- Official Server Lists: Check official Minecraft websites or forums for recommended or official servers to join.
- Community Recommendations: Seek recommendations from friends, online communities, or social media groups dedicated to Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
- Server Listing Websites: Explore popular server listing websites that provide information about various servers and their unique features.
- Server Events and Forums: Participate in Minecraft events or forums where server administrators often promote their servers and invite new players to join.
Adding servers in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is a straightforward process that opens up a world of multiplayer possibilities. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can easily connect and play with friends or explore exciting public servers. Whether you want to join a server for collaborative building, competitive gameplay, or immersive role-playing adventures, Minecraft Windows 10 Edition offers a diverse range of servers to suit every player's preferences. Expand your Minecraft experience, connect with friends, and discover new communities by adding servers in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.